The idea of creating a carrier that could house the whole brain of a drone was born when we got a new uav prototype and wanted to change all the components from the old one to the new one. At first we were just considering designing one for the Control Zero, Telemetry and GPS. But as we continued, the real question emerged, WHY STOP THERE? Each new carrier prototype had a new component. Finally we established which components were a MUST, the creative process started.
The first thing to consider was avoiding noise between components, then which configuration worked really good for us, after that the basics came along, length, width and height. Last but most certainly not least, we thought about YOU. How was it easier for you to separate the carrier, if you wanted to customize it using zip ties, and the most important, if you would use it.
After working and testing different prototypes, we finally came up with this design, easy to customize, able to fit in a plane, a rover, a quad or even a boat. This is the start of something that’s going to be evolving with time, we´re not done yet adding features to the carrier, who knows maybe in a not so far future it could be the whole fuselage of a plane.
Here´s a quick how to use it guide:
- Insert Control Zero here, you should listen a ‘click’. Make sure that the white arrow on the Control Zero is pointing on the same direction as the arrow on the carrier.
- Insert Telemetry, by pushing down with your thumb and placing it under the two little locks.
- Place your Antenna on the back roll bar.
- Secure the Power Module with zip ties on the first and last roll bar, either inside or outside of the carrier (we suggest inside, for a cleaner look).
- Insert the Servo Housing on the wall, just by sliding it.
- Secure the GPS using M-X Screws with the arrow pointing forward (like the one on the carrier).
- Mount you carrier on any UAV, it´s all up to you!
Note: If you want to separate the carrier, you just have to break it like a cracker! Using this line.